Our Blog

Do You Need Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage in California?

uninsured and underinsured coverage

Many drivers want to know if you need uninsured or underinsured coverage in California. This type of auto insurance coverage in California can help you be protected if you are in a car accident with someone that has no insurance or does not have enough insurance to cover the damages. Most people are surprised how often this can happen, especially in Los Angeles and Long Beach. Here is critical information to help you decide if this is the right auto insurance coverage you need for your plan and learn more about what it offers.

Facts About Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Coverage

Is Uninsured or Underinsured Coverage Required?

This depends on the local laws in where you live. Check with a California Auto Insurance expert to verify if you need to add this coverage to your car insurance plan.

What Does Uninsured or Underinsured Coverage Cover?

Typically, this type of coverage will protect from bodily injury or property damage. The bodily injury coverage may help with the costs of injuries caused by a car accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver. The property damage coverage may help with repair costs to your vehicle if you are in an accident with a vehicle that is underinsured or uninsured.

Why Do I Need Uninsured or Underinsured Coverage?

In some areas, it is required by law. Also, If you are in an accident with a car that does not have any auto insurance in California, you may have a difficult time getting the things covered you need – such as damage to your car or costly medical bills if you are injured. Unfortunately, not everyone obeys the law and many people still drive with no auto insurance. Also, if you are in an accident with someone that is underinsured, they may not be able to cover ALL of the costs that resulted from the car accident. This may leave you still needing more money to cover car repairs, medical bills, car rental, property damage, and many other costs that can come from an auto accident.